Psychology/meaning

Question
Hi!
People who are eg. Priest or deacons talk about the meaning of life. Can people in psychology also do this? Would psychology have anything to say about this?
People in psychology do talk about meaning but I guess it's not the same as the meaning of life.
People in psychology sometimes talk about a thing called acceptance but I don't know if that has anything to do with meaning.
Then you could always ask what is the purpose of psychology.
What can you as an expert say about this?

Answer
Psychology is the study of human behavior and mental processes.  Insofar as thinking about the meaning of life is a mental process, psychologists can study it.  Research shows that people who have found meaning in life (it is different for every person) have higher satisfaction with life.

Erik Erikson studied human development and theorized that at each stage of life we have different kinds of psychological work to doc - to some degree this could reflect what the the meaning of each stage of life might be.

Acceptance refers to the idea of acknowledging the reality of a situation and not trying to change it, or protest against it.

Psychology

Katherine ONeill