Puberty/How to tell my mom...

So since about December, I've had that white stuff in my underwear (I'm a girl btw) and so I've been thinking of ways I can tell my mom I've started my period when I do, but the thing is I have the awkwardest relationship with my mom. I never talk to her about my private stuff and just I don't know. My whole family is awkward to talk too so itll be hard. My friend said that she has just been snagging pads from her mom and her mom hasn't found out. But if I do that, I'm sure my mom would notice her pads are disappearing. I really dont know, do you have any ways I can tell my mom or my sister?

Well this white stuff may just be smegma and that isnt a clear sign that you are starting your period but it may mean your close. If it is smegma it can be easily taken care of by washing your vaginal region very well. As far as the period issue goes try just sitting down with your mom and explaining what is going on she'll understand and be very supportive of you. Now if you go behind her back and begin to take her pads then she might get more upset then if you had just gone and talked to her. parents are always very supportive of the things your going through because they know what is going on and know how to help you.  

I can answer any type of questions relating to puberty, sex, or anything having to do with growing up. I can help you understand whatís going on with your body or why youíre feeling the way that you are. I can help you understand what it means to go through puberty and what to expect as you progress through it. I am a young so I have gone through the same stuff you are; so I can answer these questions better seeing as how I went through it myself. Even if you feel you are the only one who is feeling the way that you are feeling chances are you are not alone. Everyone goes through puberty and has had similar experiences to what you are having. I have been with All Experts for about a year and a half now in the teen problems category. I have a vast university library at my disposal; I have yet to find a question that I cannot find the answer to in my universityís library. If you prefer to talk one on one more privately please feel free to ask me to do so and I will be happy to chat with you via email or some other form or private messaging. I know that some questions and concerns are a little more personal then you want to allow to be public.

Seeing as how I was recently a teen I know what kinds of changes you are going through. Anything I do not know I will research it and find out for you. I have a vast university library at my disposal, which seems to have the answers to any question you may have. I am just a caring high school graduate and all I want to do is to help anyone and everyone that needs it. I always try to provide the best answers that I can, furthermore I will never judge you no matter what the question is so feel free to ask me anything. I am here to answer those questions you think are silly or too embarrassing. Sometimes those "silly" questions are some of the most important ones so please ask them all. I also will be happy to answer those questions you are too embarrassed to ask you parents or you feel they will get mad at you for asking. I will not set a private question to public and I will not tell anyone what you tell me. ALL information discussed in the private questions stays between you and me. However if you have a question chances are someone else in the world has that same exact question so keep your questions public unless you absolutely want it to be private either way I will help you out as much as you need it. I want to help you get any and all questions answered and I will not rest until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

I am a member if my local chapters of Golden Key and Sigma Alpha Pi both of which are honor societies who select students in the top ten percent of their class to join. I am also a member of the American Chemical Society.

I took AP anatomy as a junior and AP Chemistry as a senior. I will be working on a bachelors degree in chemistry at my local university. I just finished my fourth year of college with a 4.0 GPA. I have been listed on the College of Science Deanís List for me entire college career. I am always happy to sit down and work through those barriers we all face growing up and I want to make sure that you know whatís going on or what is about to happen. Growing up may be confusing but I will try to make these topics easier to understand.

I have been on the deans list for my college for my entire time in college and am currently holding a very high GPA.

I would never share the names or information of any of my past or current questioners that I help. All questioners who want to remain private will remain private.