Puberty/Facial appearance

I have a little bit of acne and I wash my face daily. That doesn't bother me too much cause it's not too bad and I understand that everyone has it. But I have dark spots and dark under eyes. I can't have an even skin tone unless I put on a lot of make up and I don't always like that. I also have cold sores (I think) on my lips. I had two, but one is gone. As well as other acne or red spots around my lips, and they aren't "kiss-able" is what I call it. I start school in 3 days. Is there anything I can do to clean up how bad I look? It causes me to have a low self-esteem and whenever I go out in public I tend to touch my face a lot. Help?

Hi sorry to get back to you so late but I have been busy with the end of the summer term here at school.

Ok so as you said your slight acne problem is normal and is due to your body maturing and producing more oil and other natural fluids. These can build up and if dirt or other foreign contaminants get in the pore it causes a pimple or zit. So the first thing to try and do Is wash your face on a regular basis. The best thing to do is any time you go to the bathroom when you wash your hands splash and rub your face a little bit to clear off any oil build up or dirt etc.

Also try to avoid touching your face or resting your head on your hand as much as possible because your hand has oils and its also dirty sometimes the little pressure pushing on your face can push other dirt and contaminants into your pores. As for the cold sores. Again try to leave them alone but keep them clean and moist. You can look at your local pharmacy and they have cream that you can put on cold sores at night that helps heal them and clear it up faster. Unfortunately there are no sure fire ways of completely clearing up your face in such a short time. You need to let your body do its thing and heal and fix itself. You can help it along by doing everything above but try not to rush it.

If there is anything I missed feel free to ask a follow up question and I will be happy to answer it. As well as any other questions you may have I'd be more then happy to answer those as well

I hope the school year starts off well.  

I can answer any type of questions relating to puberty, sex, or anything having to do with growing up. I can help you understand whatís going on with your body or why youíre feeling the way that you are. I can help you understand what it means to go through puberty and what to expect as you progress through it. I am a young so I have gone through the same stuff you are; so I can answer these questions better seeing as how I went through it myself. Even if you feel you are the only one who is feeling the way that you are feeling chances are you are not alone. Everyone goes through puberty and has had similar experiences to what you are having. I have been with All Experts for about a year and a half now in the teen problems category. I have a vast university library at my disposal; I have yet to find a question that I cannot find the answer to in my universityís library. If you prefer to talk one on one more privately please feel free to ask me to do so and I will be happy to chat with you via email or some other form or private messaging. I know that some questions and concerns are a little more personal then you want to allow to be public.

Seeing as how I was recently a teen I know what kinds of changes you are going through. Anything I do not know I will research it and find out for you. I have a vast university library at my disposal, which seems to have the answers to any question you may have. I am just a caring high school graduate and all I want to do is to help anyone and everyone that needs it. I always try to provide the best answers that I can, furthermore I will never judge you no matter what the question is so feel free to ask me anything. I am here to answer those questions you think are silly or too embarrassing. Sometimes those "silly" questions are some of the most important ones so please ask them all. I also will be happy to answer those questions you are too embarrassed to ask you parents or you feel they will get mad at you for asking. I will not set a private question to public and I will not tell anyone what you tell me. ALL information discussed in the private questions stays between you and me. However if you have a question chances are someone else in the world has that same exact question so keep your questions public unless you absolutely want it to be private either way I will help you out as much as you need it. I want to help you get any and all questions answered and I will not rest until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

I am a member if my local chapters of Golden Key and Sigma Alpha Pi both of which are honor societies who select students in the top ten percent of their class to join. I am also a member of the American Chemical Society.

I took AP anatomy as a junior and AP Chemistry as a senior. I will be working on a bachelors degree in chemistry at my local university. I just finished my fourth year of college with a 4.0 GPA. I have been listed on the College of Science Deanís List for me entire college career. I am always happy to sit down and work through those barriers we all face growing up and I want to make sure that you know whatís going on or what is about to happen. Growing up may be confusing but I will try to make these topics easier to understand.

I have been on the deans list for my college for my entire time in college and am currently holding a very high GPA.

I would never share the names or information of any of my past or current questioners that I help. All questioners who want to remain private will remain private.