Puberty/When do girls stop growing/developing?

Hello. I am a 20 years old. I stopped growing in height when I was 15, but my breast, waist, and hip measurements have all increased 2 inches since high school.

Between too much time spent poking and staring at my fat over the years and the fact that I lost 10 pounds since I finished high school, I can't blame this on additional fat.

I know that people stop getting taller as teenagers, but I have heard that boys can continue physically developing through their early 20's. Is this true for girls as well?

Thank you for your time.

Well the short answer is that we all pretty much stop growing as teenagers or in our early twenties. However, this only really applies to the major changes i.e. breast and genital growth, height, and body hair. But there are things that can change throughout our whole lives. For example the penis and genital region is pretty much done growing physically when a boy is in his mid teens, but the skin and hair can change dramatically. This also goes for the vulva and breasts. In women the primary growth period is indeed during the pubescent years, but subtle changes in breast size can be seen well into the females 20's. The one thing that definitely changes breast development is pregnancy, for as soon as a female is pregnant the breasts begin to change and begin the changes so she has the ability to produce milk for the baby. Once the pregnancy is over the breasts are pretty much as developed as they will be physically.

That being said since breasts are mainly made up of fatty tissue it is possible that dramatic weight gain or weight loss can have a subtle effect on the size and looks of a female's breasts. However, these changes are very small, but often times the female is keenly aware of these small changes.  

I can answer any type of questions relating to puberty, sex, or anything having to do with growing up. I can help you understand whatís going on with your body or why youíre feeling the way that you are. I can help you understand what it means to go through puberty and what to expect as you progress through it. I am a young so I have gone through the same stuff you are; so I can answer these questions better seeing as how I went through it myself. Even if you feel you are the only one who is feeling the way that you are feeling chances are you are not alone. Everyone goes through puberty and has had similar experiences to what you are having. I have been with All Experts for about a year and a half now in the teen problems category. I have a vast university library at my disposal; I have yet to find a question that I cannot find the answer to in my universityís library. If you prefer to talk one on one more privately please feel free to ask me to do so and I will be happy to chat with you via email or some other form or private messaging. I know that some questions and concerns are a little more personal then you want to allow to be public.

Seeing as how I was recently a teen I know what kinds of changes you are going through. Anything I do not know I will research it and find out for you. I have a vast university library at my disposal, which seems to have the answers to any question you may have. I am just a caring high school graduate and all I want to do is to help anyone and everyone that needs it. I always try to provide the best answers that I can, furthermore I will never judge you no matter what the question is so feel free to ask me anything. I am here to answer those questions you think are silly or too embarrassing. Sometimes those "silly" questions are some of the most important ones so please ask them all. I also will be happy to answer those questions you are too embarrassed to ask you parents or you feel they will get mad at you for asking. I will not set a private question to public and I will not tell anyone what you tell me. ALL information discussed in the private questions stays between you and me. However if you have a question chances are someone else in the world has that same exact question so keep your questions public unless you absolutely want it to be private either way I will help you out as much as you need it. I want to help you get any and all questions answered and I will not rest until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

I am a member if my local chapters of Golden Key and Sigma Alpha Pi both of which are honor societies who select students in the top ten percent of their class to join. I am also a member of the American Chemical Society.

I took AP anatomy as a junior and AP Chemistry as a senior. I will be working on a bachelors degree in chemistry at my local university. I just finished my fourth year of college with a 4.0 GPA. I have been listed on the College of Science Deanís List for me entire college career. I am always happy to sit down and work through those barriers we all face growing up and I want to make sure that you know whatís going on or what is about to happen. Growing up may be confusing but I will try to make these topics easier to understand.

I have been on the deans list for my college for my entire time in college and am currently holding a very high GPA.

I would never share the names or information of any of my past or current questioners that I help. All questioners who want to remain private will remain private.