Puberty/Female puberty - questions

Hi I'm not sure exactly how to use this service (it is my first time). I am wondering a few things about female puberty. For background, I'm 13, and a female. I have been through a lot of the major changes of puberty including menstruation, but I still have question.
Is it normal for a females voice to become lower during puberty? I've looked back on old videos of myself at a younger age, and my voice sounds nothing like it does now, my vocal range has changed, too. I mean it's not as deep as a males but I was just wondering if that is normal?
When do females stop growing? People always tell me 16 but I'm 5'8 and only 13, if I grow till 16 I'll be like 6'2!
Is it normal for periods to be different month to month during puberty? Like I had a few light periods, like 4 very heavy periods and this period I am on has been light but still a period of you get me. Is that just the fact I'm in puberty?
Thank you very much for any answer.

Hello E,

Thank you for your questions and dont worry you did everything right.

So to address your questions about your voice. Yes it is normal for both male's and female's voices to deepen and their vocal range to widen. However the male voices will more often then not get very deep and stay that way, whereas the female voices may deepen but only slightly. There also are cases where female voices can deepen almost as low as a males. In these cases it often has to do with genetics and other factors.

Now addressing your growth questions. Well there is no way for me to know exactly how tall you may grow, but sometimes you can ask your dentist if he knows how tall you will be. In fact the size of your teeth is related to how tall you will be when you are fully grown. Many women stop growing when they are between 18-20 depending on when your body started developing. The reason you hear vary different ages is simply due to the fact that your genetics are not the same as anyone else. This means you will start growing and stop growing whenever your body is well done growing. Now does that mean that if you keep growing till you are 18 you'll be a giant? Well no because puberty occurs in stages where the beginning and end stages are often include vary subtle and small changes to your body. The middle stages are often where you have your growth spurts and major physical changes like breast development. So you may have a few more years of growth where you may gain a few inches but it is unlikely that you will gain 6 or more inches. But it is still possible

Now to address your period questions. If you are not on any birth control or hormonal control medicines yes it is perfectly normal that your periods occur on different days and the flows are different each time. During puberty your body is developing and all the cycles are just beginning. This means that until your body is done developing you will often observe that your period has no regularity at all. Now as you mature and get older this irregularity will often become more and more regular as your bodies cycles sync together. Now there are ways to control your period at this point but whether or not it is right for you to begin these methods must be determined by your primary care doctor and you. That being said birth control and hormonal control medicine can regulate your menstrual cycle by forcing your bodies hormones to follow a regular cycle. These methods are often used to help control pesky side effects of puberty such as acne and very heavy menstrual cycles.

Here is a website that offers more information about your period and other information about your body. I hope this helped, but if you still have questions or are confused in any way about my answers please feel free to ask another question and I will be happy to answer any and all your questions.

I can answer any type of questions relating to puberty, sex, or anything having to do with growing up. I can help you understand whatís going on with your body or why youíre feeling the way that you are. I can help you understand what it means to go through puberty and what to expect as you progress through it. I am a young so I have gone through the same stuff you are; so I can answer these questions better seeing as how I went through it myself. Even if you feel you are the only one who is feeling the way that you are feeling chances are you are not alone. Everyone goes through puberty and has had similar experiences to what you are having. I have been with All Experts for about a year and a half now in the teen problems category. I have a vast university library at my disposal; I have yet to find a question that I cannot find the answer to in my universityís library. If you prefer to talk one on one more privately please feel free to ask me to do so and I will be happy to chat with you via email or some other form or private messaging. I know that some questions and concerns are a little more personal then you want to allow to be public.

Seeing as how I was recently a teen I know what kinds of changes you are going through. Anything I do not know I will research it and find out for you. I have a vast university library at my disposal, which seems to have the answers to any question you may have. I am just a caring high school graduate and all I want to do is to help anyone and everyone that needs it. I always try to provide the best answers that I can, furthermore I will never judge you no matter what the question is so feel free to ask me anything. I am here to answer those questions you think are silly or too embarrassing. Sometimes those "silly" questions are some of the most important ones so please ask them all. I also will be happy to answer those questions you are too embarrassed to ask you parents or you feel they will get mad at you for asking. I will not set a private question to public and I will not tell anyone what you tell me. ALL information discussed in the private questions stays between you and me. However if you have a question chances are someone else in the world has that same exact question so keep your questions public unless you absolutely want it to be private either way I will help you out as much as you need it. I want to help you get any and all questions answered and I will not rest until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

I am a member if my local chapters of Golden Key and Sigma Alpha Pi both of which are honor societies who select students in the top ten percent of their class to join. I am also a member of the American Chemical Society.

I took AP anatomy as a junior and AP Chemistry as a senior. I will be working on a bachelors degree in chemistry at my local university. I just finished my fourth year of college with a 4.0 GPA. I have been listed on the College of Science Deanís List for me entire college career. I am always happy to sit down and work through those barriers we all face growing up and I want to make sure that you know whatís going on or what is about to happen. Growing up may be confusing but I will try to make these topics easier to understand.

I have been on the deans list for my college for my entire time in college and am currently holding a very high GPA.

I would never share the names or information of any of my past or current questioners that I help. All questioners who want to remain private will remain private.