Public Relations/PR & Appearances for Pageant Queen

I am the newly crowned Ms. Plus America 2009.  I live in Houston, TX and I am trying to figure out how get on the 'society radar'.  Beyond traditional press, I want to be on the guest list for high-profile events.  How do I do this?

You need to make a list of what events you want to get into, then research what the opportunities might be and who the contact people/person is. Then you need to get together a bio of yourself and/or a press release (with core messaging highlighting points you want to share) and get that to the contacts. Follow-up in a few days via phone and go from there.

Public Relations

David D. Menzies

Any questions relating to building strategic messaging and delivering that messaging to target audiences such as media outlets. How to get into articles, become a reliable thought leader, raise profile, etc.

With over 19 years of professional communication experience writing, editing, speaking, and producing all manner of news, public relations, and marketing deliverables for multiple audiences, David Menzies understands what makes a message stick. Menzies Consulting, Inc. helps clients figure out what they are trying to say, who they are trying to say it to, and develops tools and methodologies to deliver that message. David Menzies is editor/publisher of and former editor of The Addison (VT) Eagle and Williston (VT) Whistle newspapers.

TiE Carolinas, International Association of Business Communicators, NC Product Design & Prototyping Co-Op, Wake Health Services, Inc. (Board Member)

BA, Communications, State University of New York at Geneseo, 1989