Public Relations/free lance?

I'll likely  get a "expert can't answer your question" reply, but I'll ask anyway.

What if an idea pops in my head that will get publicity for a pizza chain while at the same time promote education?
How would I approach people and ask for a fee?

I don't work for a pizza chain, but have a great idea. I do have a degree in PR although not working in the field.

I'd start with an email to the pizza chain's director of marketing, explaining your idea (not giving too much away) and telling them about your experience, and why you'd be the best person to publicize their product.  Then follow up with a phone call.

Hope that helps.

Public Relations

Kelley Regan

I'm happy to answer questions about public relations strategy, why you should or should not embark on a public relations program, and what it takes to make news for your company. I consult with companies and public relations agencies, and have more than 10 years experience in PR.

10 years of public relations experience, including seven at large PR agencies and three as president of my own PR consultancy.

Publicity Club of Chicago, PAWS Chicago volunteer

Culinary trade publications

BA, Journalism and Mass Communication, University of Iowa

The French Pastry School, Ogilvy Public Relations, United Feather & Down