Public Relations/can a publicist own a blog

I am an aspiring publicist. I currently bought a url named .  Is it a conflict of interest for a publicist to own and market a blog as well as promote his own clients on it? Or even lets say, promote some clients but other publicists clients as well and trade each others clients promotional content. Thanks

First, sorry for the delay - I was away and unable to check messages. Short answer, the response would be "no," in most cases. However, it is best to consult someone with a legal background if unsure. Be prepared to immediately remove content if/when you get complaints and respond quickly.

Also, consider any ethical dilemmas. While not illegal, it is generally inappropriate to post materials that might mislead someone to believe a client is yours when, in fact, it is someone else's. For example, I had this occur when re-posting information on behalf of PRSA. I re-direct as needed. Each post also clearly shows the appropriate representative contact(s).

I like the url and wish you success with that. Let me know how it goes. Linda @

Public Relations

Linda Hamburger

I can help advise on career track; how to promote on a budget; how to find a good practitioner and just about anything relating to the practice of PR and marketing communications. Over 12 years as an Adjunct Professor of Public Relations and Marketing and frequent guest speaker.

PR Consultant Linda Hamburger is an award-winning publicist with an excellent track record of success in promotions. With more than 20 years experience in the Public Relations business, Hamburger has received countless bylines for published articles and has had case studies featured in PR Week, Businessweek, and Ragan's Media Report and more. Hamburger received a MA in Public Relations from Michigan State and a Master of Public Administration from Florida Atlantic University. Currently she represents clients in the events industry, real estate law, and other agencies as an independent consultant. Founder and Moderator of the South Florida Public Relations Network ( and the PR Daily Digest. She works under her own independent consultancy, On Call PR and On Call Resumes.

Founder and Moderator of the South Florida Public Relations Network (

Truthfully too numerous to list. A "Google" search might show a few.

MA Public Relations; Master of Public Administration (MPA); BA Journalism/Mass Communications

• Women in Communications Creative PR Olympics Merit Award • Finalist, Event Solutions Marketing Professional of the Year Spotlight Awards • Speaker, BizBash Funshops Fort Lauderdale and Miami • Speaker, Florida Scholastic Press Association District Conference • Vice President, Gold Coast Public Relations Council; Secretary; Board Member • Winner, Best Corporate Public Relations Program, Bernays Award • Implemented / supervised volunteer and student internship programs • Member, Adfed; Panelist resume writing workshop • Speaker at Events Expo, Orlando; University Campus Guest Lecturer • Introduced internship program of 50 students for the Source Awards • Past Secretary, Advertising Federation of the Treasure Coast • Communications Briefings, “Top Tips”

Creative Spark Consulting; Anson Williams, celebrity; Starmaker Products, skincare line; ME Productions, live events productions; Rabideau Law, real estate practice; Swim Week Miami; Biscayne Tennis; Multiple Sclerosis Foundation; Little People of America; National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI; Considering Your Career; American Alliance for People with Disabilities; many others...