Public Relations/telecommute

Question
Mr. Plantz:

With today's technology, I was wondering if there is telecommute employment in public relations? If so could you describe any position or job titles?

thanks,

Demetrius Sherman

Answer
Demetrius,

Thanks for your question.

There is indeed telecommute employment in public relations. In fact Howstuffworks.com rates
PR as number 7 in top 10 telecommute opportunities.....they write:

Traditionally, public relations professionals have worked in offices, but an increasing number of people who work in the field have launched their own home-based firms or arranged telecommuting options with their employers.
According to a survey of Public Relations Society of America members, the average annual income of freelance public relations professionals is about $104,000 [source: PRSA]. And job prospects throughout the industry are encouraging. Between now and 2018, public relations jobs are expected to grow by 24 percent nationwide [source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics].

Hope this helps you.

Jerry

Public Relations

Jerry Plantz