Public Relations/scope of public relations

I am pursuing my graduation and CS altogether I have a keen interest in the field of public relations.My question is can I become a PRO through my CS degree or does it require any specific degree like mass communication

I'm assuming you mean a Computer Science degree. If that is correct (or not), based on your email alone, I would say you would absolutely need to get a specific degree in mass communications. The reason I say this is because your brief note had numerous typos and grammar errors. Public Relations demands excellent attention to detail and so much more.

I like that you reached out as that does show initiative. You may want to look into a related field of event production. It is important to do an extensive skill analysis, talk with a career coach and research career requirements in order to proceed with one's new career which generally lasts a life time.

I suggest starting anew with a more in depth analysis of careers before going forward. Internships are excellent places to start as well.

Occupational Handbook:

Public Relations

Linda Hamburger

I can help advise on career track; how to promote on a budget; how to find a good practitioner and just about anything relating to the practice of PR and marketing communications. Over 12 years as an Adjunct Professor of Public Relations and Marketing and frequent guest speaker.

PR Consultant Linda Hamburger is an award-winning publicist with an excellent track record of success in promotions. With more than 20 years experience in the Public Relations business, Hamburger has received countless bylines for published articles and has had case studies featured in PR Week, Businessweek, and Ragan's Media Report and more. Hamburger received a MA in Public Relations from Michigan State and a Master of Public Administration from Florida Atlantic University. Currently she represents clients in the events industry, real estate law, and other agencies as an independent consultant. Founder and Moderator of the South Florida Public Relations Network ( and the PR Daily Digest. She works under her own independent consultancy, On Call PR and On Call Resumes.

Founder and Moderator of the South Florida Public Relations Network (

Truthfully too numerous to list. A "Google" search might show a few.

MA Public Relations; Master of Public Administration (MPA); BA Journalism/Mass Communications

• Women in Communications Creative PR Olympics Merit Award • Finalist, Event Solutions Marketing Professional of the Year Spotlight Awards • Speaker, BizBash Funshops Fort Lauderdale and Miami • Speaker, Florida Scholastic Press Association District Conference • Vice President, Gold Coast Public Relations Council; Secretary; Board Member • Winner, Best Corporate Public Relations Program, Bernays Award • Implemented / supervised volunteer and student internship programs • Member, Adfed; Panelist resume writing workshop • Speaker at Events Expo, Orlando; University Campus Guest Lecturer • Introduced internship program of 50 students for the Source Awards • Past Secretary, Advertising Federation of the Treasure Coast • Communications Briefings, “Top Tips”

Creative Spark Consulting; Anson Williams, celebrity; Starmaker Products, skincare line; ME Productions, live events productions; Rabideau Law, real estate practice; Swim Week Miami; Biscayne Tennis; Multiple Sclerosis Foundation; Little People of America; National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI; Considering Your Career; American Alliance for People with Disabilities; many others...