Getting Published or E-published/Next Step?

Good Day!

I have been working hard on a two book series for over a year now. I've finally completed the first book and it's exactly the way I want it at about 75K words long.

I'd really like to know where to go from here. Being a published author has been my dream since I was a kid! I looked up some information on publishing, but the problem is that sites that seem like scams that I'm not sure where to really go from here.

Thanks for any info!!!

Hi, Jaclyn!

You'll have to tell me a little more about what you hope to achieve as an author. Do you want your book available in every story all over the world? Is it okay with you for it to only be available online but not in print? Do you expect to get a lot of money the moment you turn it into a publisher? Give me a little more to go on and I'll do my best to help.

Getting Published or E-published

Cathy Clamp

I'm happy to answer questions about any aspect of getting published through commercial publishers, ebook publishers and self-publishing I can help with writing a query letter and synopsis to an agent or editor. I can explain publishing terminology, acronyms and manuscript formatting. I can also assist with questions about verifying the credentials of agents/publishers and how to proceed once you've been accepted for publication.

I'm a USA Today bestselling author of urban fantasy and paranormal romance for Tor/Forge Books. Along with a co-author, I've published fifteen since 2003, and have contracts for four more books through 2011. I've also published short stories in multiple anthologies as well as regional and national magazines.

Romance Writers of America, Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Western Outdoor Writers, Horror Writers of America.

Books/Anthologies: Tor/Forge Books, Western Reflections Publishing, BenBella Books, Running Press, Wild Child Publishing. Many more. Magazines: Rocky Mountain Game & Fish, Guns & Ammo, Fur-Fish-Game, many others.

My educational background is limited to real life experience of publishing novels commercially for the past five years.

USA Today bestseller, Waldenbooks Mass Market Paperback Top 20 bestseller, Nielsen BookScan Top 20 bestseller, Book Buyers Best Award for Paranormal, 2007, Romantic Times Best Werewolf Novel, 2006, Write Touch Readers Award, EVVY Best Historical Chronicle Award, The Lories Best Paranormal. Many others.