Getting Published or E-published/Publishing

I would like to ask you how I could publish two types of books:
1- Pocket-sized Quotes booklet (all are quotes that I have written). They are useful for trainers and coaches (possibly teachers and anyone at education or HR).

2- Children storybooks. I have written several draft children stories but I don't know where to do take it from there, and I heard large publishing houses exploit and frustrate writers.

So I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me in steps what to do to get my writings published. I would like to be able to generate some kind of residual income through publishing. So how can I make money out of publishing too.

Many thanks,

Greetings, Razan, and thanks for your question.

The ONLY publishing medium I will ever suggest to aspiring authors is

It is FREE to publish with them, they have stock covers you can use if you don't have artistic talent AND their formatting process could not be easier; convert your document to PDF (or save it as a PDF if you have software that will allow that) upload and you're set.

You get your own storefront with them, you can offer your books in all reader formats (as well as print and get them listed on Amazon for those that like to buy print books, still) as an e-book if you don't have a Kindle/Nook account and your sales track in REAL time, meaning that once a sale is made via your storefront on Lulu (Amazon it always takes longer to show up and is done on a month-to-month basis) ,it will show up almost immediately.

Yep, it's that easy with them.

Good luck!

Getting Published or E-published

Andrea Dean Van Scoyoc

I can answer any and all questions on self publishing via the publisher I can also tell you why you should avoid small press publishers in favor of self publishing, by speaking through my own horrific experiences with small presses. I can tell you what you can expect when dealing with *most* small presses. In regards to, I can help with formatting questions, how to choose proper book sizes, editing and choosing cover art and fonts to use. I can also help you avoid the common mistakes many people make when they self publish.

I started out as a self published author via and did what few other authors have ever achieved... I became a Borders best seller in June 2005. I also won the 2005 Preditors & Editors (Preditors is not a typo!) Horror Novel of the Year by fan vote as a self published author.

I own two magazines, Twisted Dreams and Worlds Within Worlds Beyond Magazines catering specifically to up and coming authors. I am also the Poetry Editor for the world famous Chancery House owned by acclaimed author Lisa Mannetti. My poetry is what appears on their e-cards. My work can also be seen on Love in 3-D cards. My own works have appeared in everything from print, to short film to e-publication.

School of hard knocks. I did everything "wrong" according to the literary snobs and much to their dismay, have still managed to come out on top.

June 2005 Borders Best Seller (as a self published author) 2005 P & E Horror Novel of The Year winner by fan vote (also as a self published author) 2006 2nd Place Finisher P & E polls in the Horror Novel category (as a small press traditionally published author) 2007 P & E 3rd place finisher Author of 2007.

Far too many to name. I speak at conventions all over the state of Florida and out of state helping aspiring authors know how the publishing industry really works.