Getting Published or E-published/I want to publish my book

Dear Sir,
        I have written 4 books.Each on different genres.One is a fantasy,the other three are fiction and within them there is one on teenage drama,tragedy and a story on orphans.
I want to publish my book in the best publishing company.I also wish to transfer my book into movie that is if any potential buyer approaches me.I do not want to give my book to just any publishing company.I wish to get better royalties and wider market.Please help me.

Dear Anupama,

If you are looking toward the American market, there are many options for getting published. To work with the best companies, though, you will need professional representation by a literary agent.

For a general guide to publication in the US market, see the online guide at

best wishes,
D. Patrick Miller

Getting Published or E-published

D. Patrick Miller

I am an independent self-publisher who sold three projects to major New York houses before starting my own company. I provide editorial services to a major literary agency in Manhattan and work regularly with authors at all levels of expertise. I can answer questions like these: What does "independent publishing" mean? Should I publish myself or use a service like XLibris? What is "print on demand" publishing? How do I publish myself on the Web? What are the best resources for learning about publishing? How do I find a literary agent? What are my chances of getting published by a major New York firm?

Past/Present clients
Professional literary resume available on request