Getting Published or E-published/Book Series

I have written a series of 5 e-books about my experiences of backpacking around Asia. Each book continues on from the last and features a different country. I plan to put them on Amazon's KDP Select.

How do I work out what is the optimum time interval between launching each book?

Any advice you can give will be much appreciated.

Writing Books for Fun, Fame & Fortune!
Writing Books for Fun,  

In your case, I might consider publishing them all at once on KDP and then launching promotional campaigns for each in a staggered manner.

The key may be to use your first book as a "loss leader" that you sell for a low price like 99 cents, then list all your other books at their normal price in the back of each of the other books. If people like your first book (the loss leader) chances are they will want to buy the others.

It's hard to make money from just one book. Having a book series like you do is a great way to make a few bucks.

Getting Published or E-published

Rik Feeney

I can answer any questions from the development of an idea into a book manuscript, electronic book, PDF file, or Audio book. I design book covers, do interior design, and light book editing. My forte is creative ideas particularly as they relate to marketing and promoting your book.

My first book "Gymnastics: A Guide for Parents & Athletes" was traditionally published in 1992 by Masters Press and is now available through McGraw-Hill. My second book, now as an independent publisher, was a "Quick Pick for Young Readers" by the American Library Association. Since then I have 44 book products for sale through my own web site and many of the major online book stores like

Publisher's Marketing Association Florida Writer's Association Florida Publisher's Association National Writer's Union (former member) USA Gymnastics - Professional Member

I attended Temple University and Vermont College of Norwich University where I received a Bachelor's degree in Writing and Literature.