Getting Published or E-published/E-Book Publishing Info

Question
Dear Mr. Miller,

I have finished a new type of dictionary that I'd like to publish as an E-Book, and since I am completely new to the entire idea of book publishing, let alone e-publishing, I'd just like to ask you (since there's so many results when I google search it- I don't know where to start) what you'd recommend as a reliable source to find out more of how to do it, and what to avoid and what to actually do.

Thank you so very much for your help and your expert advice!

Yours truly,
Julia

Answer
Julia -- There's a good guide, written by an industry observer rather than a company selling services, at

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-18438_7-20010547-82/how-to-self-publish-an-ebook/

This is one of the best overviews I've seen, based on my own experience, and I learned how to do e-books on my own. You will probably want to outsource your project, and this review outlines the major options.

I'm in the business myself, providing a complete service including cover design and platforming for two major distributors, Amazon Kindle and Smashwords, but I'm probably not the cheapest as I do highly customized work. See my service at www.fearlessbooks.com/Digital.htm.  

Getting Published or E-published

D. Patrick Miller