Getting Published or E-published/kindle ques.

I have written a couple of information, how to type books and I have been looking at creating an account with amazon to turn these into kindle books.  One thing I am wondering about but having a hard time finding an answer to is if I wish to put my book up at more than one website.  
like if I want to list my book with Amazon on Kindle and if I want to list it with other sites like createspace, do I have to wait a certain period of time.  Does amazon have a period of time where they want to have your book exclusively before you list it any other places for sell.

Hi Richard,

You can put your book up at Kindle and as many other sites as you want at or about the same time.

The only consideration with Kindle is if you want to be part of the KDP Select program. If you join that program you promise Kindle to make the book (electronic version only) exclusive to Kindle for 90 days. The "advantage" to KDP Select is that during those 90 days you can select 5 days to allow people to download the book for free. The idea is that it will build "word of mouth" and hopefully others will come along and buy the book.

Rik Feeney

Getting Published or E-published

Rik Feeney

I can answer any questions from the development of an idea into a book manuscript, electronic book, PDF file, or Audio book. I design book covers, do interior design, and light book editing. My forte is creative ideas particularly as they relate to marketing and promoting your book.

My first book "Gymnastics: A Guide for Parents & Athletes" was traditionally published in 1992 by Masters Press and is now available through McGraw-Hill. My second book, now as an independent publisher, was a "Quick Pick for Young Readers" by the American Library Association. Since then I have 44 book products for sale through my own web site and many of the major online book stores like

Publisher's Marketing Association Florida Writer's Association Florida Publisher's Association National Writer's Union (former member) USA Gymnastics - Professional Member

I attended Temple University and Vermont College of Norwich University where I received a Bachelor's degree in Writing and Literature.