Getting Published or E-published/ebook cover

Mr. Feeny
When you get a chance, would you please take a look at and comment on the attached ebook cover?

Hello Demetrius.

The cover is intriguing.

I assume it is about murder because of the knife.

I also assume it is about trophy wives.

I think the subtitle should be right under the title.

I think the author name should be larger and bolder.

Why a black graphic and not a 4-color graphic with blood dripping down the blade.

Red text on black background does not stand out well. And, if your cover is ever printed in gray-scale or black and white the text over the graphic will blend in and virtually disappear.

Make sure to leave yourself a .25 inch margin all around on the inside of the cover.

Remember, online, you need to see the tile and graphic at about postage stamp size, since that is how it will appear in many search results.

Hope this helps.

Rik Feeney

Getting Published or E-published

Rik Feeney

I can answer any questions from the development of an idea into a book manuscript, electronic book, PDF file, or Audio book. I design book covers, do interior design, and light book editing. My forte is creative ideas particularly as they relate to marketing and promoting your book.

My first book "Gymnastics: A Guide for Parents & Athletes" was traditionally published in 1992 by Masters Press and is now available through McGraw-Hill. My second book, now as an independent publisher, was a "Quick Pick for Young Readers" by the American Library Association. Since then I have 44 book products for sale through my own web site and many of the major online book stores like

Publisher's Marketing Association Florida Writer's Association Florida Publisher's Association National Writer's Union (former member) USA Gymnastics - Professional Member

I attended Temple University and Vermont College of Norwich University where I received a Bachelor's degree in Writing and Literature.