Getting Published or E-published/Writing and getting published

Question
Hello sir, I'm an aspiring screenwriter but also want to write a book. I've 3 questions in my mind regarding on writing my first non-fiction book. First, should I care about getting published before writing the book or first complete the book itself? Second, I'm an anonymous person so my proposal will already get rejected? or not?  however I'm writing about Hollywood films for entertaining my readers sarcastically and hypothetically.There is not a single book of this kind. Third, I'm from India and for my book the large audience/readers would be in US so, how can I get my book publish in US?  Thank you very much.

Answer
Dear Vps,

You wrote, "should I care about getting published before writing the book or first complete the book itself?"

Why worry about publishing if you have no book to submit? Write the book, then you can start worrying.

You wrote, "I'm an anonymous person so my proposal will already get rejected? or not?"

Well, you will have to pick a name if you want to get published. Even if it is a pen name. If you are talking about building an "author platform" that is showing a certain level of expertise as the author, you can develop that by doing talks on the subject, writing articles, and publishing this book.

You wrote, "I'm from India and for my book the large audience/readers would be in US so, how can I get my book publish in US?"

Submit your book to U.S. Publishers. If that path does not work see if you can publish via Amazon's CreateSpace, or look into POD publisher's like BookLocker.com.

Good luck!

Rik Feeney  

Getting Published or E-published

Rik Feeney