Getting Published or E-published/Press Release

What are press releases and why people publish them? is this service provide good press releases?

Dear Cynthia,

Press releases are used by businesses, government, and non-governmental organizations to publicize new products or services, announce decisions or policies, and generally "get the word out". In the case of business, press releases are essentially advertising in the disguise of "news," and they are often sent to various kinds of media in the hope that the business will get free publicity. Governmental agencies and NGOs use press releases for the same reason, but many of them don't have advertising as a public relations option.

I can't assess the service you linked to, as I've never used them. I write all the press releases for my publishing firm, and I write some for clients, but to distribute releases I've long used

best wishes
D. Patrick Miller
Founder, Fearless Literary Services

Getting Published or E-published

D. Patrick Miller

I am an independent self-publisher who sold three projects to major New York houses before starting my own company. I provide editorial services to a major literary agency in Manhattan and work regularly with authors at all levels of expertise. I can answer questions like these: What does "independent publishing" mean? Should I publish myself or use a service like XLibris? What is "print on demand" publishing? How do I publish myself on the Web? What are the best resources for learning about publishing? How do I find a literary agent? What are my chances of getting published by a major New York firm?

Past/Present clients
Professional literary resume available on request