Getting Published or E-published/Disclaimers

I'm writing an eBook on how to write a memoir or life story. Is a statement required in the front matter that disclaims responsibility for errors, inaccuracies, inconsistencies, results, and so forth? Do disclaimers really protect the author and publisher? I see disclaimers in some eBooks and print book and not in others. I've searched the Web and found dozens of sample disclaimers. Thank you.

Wayne -- There's no need for such a disclaimer in this kind of book. I've written one myself on the same subject, and all I included was a standard rights notice. Disclaimers are only necessary when you're providing specific technical advice of a medical or perhaps psychological nature, i.e, when the health of the reader might be directly involved.

best wishes,
D. Patrick Miller

Getting Published or E-published

D. Patrick Miller

I am an independent self-publisher who sold three projects to major New York houses before starting my own company. I provide editorial services to a major literary agency in Manhattan and work regularly with authors at all levels of expertise. I can answer questions like these: What does "independent publishing" mean? Should I publish myself or use a service like XLibris? What is "print on demand" publishing? How do I publish myself on the Web? What are the best resources for learning about publishing? How do I find a literary agent? What are my chances of getting published by a major New York firm?

Past/Present clients
Professional literary resume available on request