Puerto Rico/CRIM


Melanie Patton wrote at 2011-11-29 23:01:13
I am also trying to sell my mom's property.  In order to sell

the tax balance needs to be zero so that the attorney in PR can fill out the "Caudal Relicito" which is a paper from the

Hacienda that gives permission to sell.

iris wrote at 2014-07-30 18:02:37
Sonia, if you ever go to the crim's office be aware that you will have to wait several hours here...  let me tell you from my personal experiences, every time I go there, I have to wait no less than 3 hours, while the case workers take their time, and always one person or two attending the clients...  its frustrating,  I am talking about the one at Humacao, and what I pay for

taxes its ridiculously, I retired in December to come and enjoyed my last years in the island of Puerto Rico, and after building a retirement home here... now, I come, and finally will sell my property., there is so much things going on here, that is not the place of retirement.,  I am glad, I will be going back to my home in Florida., were life is really enjoyable, and lots of regrets because, I looked forward living in Puerto Rico my last days..... but, my dream became a nightmare.  lots of luck.  Iris

Puerto Rico

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Torres


I can answer general questions about travel, transportation, hotels, governmental offices and real estate in Puerto Rico. For specific or complicated issues on real estate, visit my web page http://www.myrealtorinpr.com/ Spanish is my native language. I am also fluent in English.


I currently live in Old San Juan and enjoy museums, hotels, social and cultural events, restaurants and sightseing.

BBA University of Puerto Rico, Minor in English

Awards and Honors
Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico

©2017 About.com. All rights reserved.