Puerto Rico/Tax Payment Address & Property Sale

Question
Hi Nancy:

My mother  has inherited some property outside of Yabucoa Puerto Rico upon the death of her father some 14 years ago.  The property has been re registered to the current owners and I have 2 questions:

1. I have a tax bill but no payment location for the Yabucoa CRIM.  Can you tell me what that is?

2. The current owners agree on very little and we would like to force a sale of the property.  How would that be handled? Its a nice 6 acre lot that sits on the sea.

Answer
Hola, Rick.
My suggestion is that you contact the CRIM directly at 787.625.4000.  The representative will inform you the best way to process your payment.  My preference is to make payments in the CRIM central offices in Río Piedras, in case you have some relative in the Island who can do that for you.
For information on the contact information for the regional office of the CRIM attending the area of Yabucoa, you can access
http://www.crimpr.net/
Unfortunately, the server where the web page is located is not responding now, but you can try it later.

To force the sale of the property, if the owners are not in agreement, I would recommend that you get a local lawyer who can help you with that. Remember that your mother can offer to sell her part to one of the owners or to any other interested buyer.
Buena suerte.
Saludos desde Puerto Rico,
Nancy

Nancy Torres Luna
AllExpert - Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

Nancy Torres