You are here:

Puerto Rico/Tax Payment Address & Property Sale


Hi Nancy:

My mother  has inherited some property outside of Yabucoa Puerto Rico upon the death of her father some 14 years ago.  The property has been re registered to the current owners and I have 2 questions:

1. I have a tax bill but no payment location for the Yabucoa CRIM.  Can you tell me what that is?

2. The current owners agree on very little and we would like to force a sale of the property.  How would that be handled? Its a nice 6 acre lot that sits on the sea.

Hola, Rick.
My suggestion is that you contact the CRIM directly at 787.625.4000.  The representative will inform you the best way to process your payment.  My preference is to make payments in the CRIM central offices in Río Piedras, in case you have some relative in the Island who can do that for you.
For information on the contact information for the regional office of the CRIM attending the area of Yabucoa, you can access
Unfortunately, the server where the web page is located is not responding now, but you can try it later.

To force the sale of the property, if the owners are not in agreement, I would recommend that you get a local lawyer who can help you with that. Remember that your mother can offer to sell her part to one of the owners or to any other interested buyer.
Buena suerte.
Saludos desde Puerto Rico,

Nancy Torres Luna
AllExpert - Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Torres


I can answer general questions about travel, transportation, hotels, governmental offices and real estate in Puerto Rico. For specific or complicated issues on real estate, visit my web page Spanish is my native language. I am also fluent in English.


I currently live in Old San Juan and enjoy museums, hotels, social and cultural events, restaurants and sightseing.

BBA University of Puerto Rico, Minor in English

Awards and Honors
Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico

©2017 All rights reserved.