You are here:

Puerto Rico/high school diploma and vocational school certificate


My husband graduated in 1970 in Juncos Puerto Rico and needs where contact the school to get a copy of his high school diploma, and also he went to vocational school in Cagues but don't remember the name,  he needs a copy of his welding certificate that he obtained in Cagues while he was attending high school in Juncos. If you could please help me finding out how to obtain these things i would really appreciate it.
Thank you

Hola, Lori.
In the case of your husband, as well as in the case of many other readers that have your same situation, here is the procedure to follow whenever the high school diploma has been lost:

There is a central office in the Department of Education that can issue a certification for those students that for some reason have lost their high school diplomas.  Here is the contact information:
División Correspondencia y Archivo
Tel 787.773.6225, 787.773.6227
The person in charge of issuing the certifications is Mr. Roberto Rodríguez.

You must be ready to provide:  name of school, city, year of graduation and you will be required to send a copy of your ID and pay stamps for $1.50 to get the document.  As you are out of the Island, you would be able to do this by email or fax, and send the corresponding payment by mail.  The certification they would provide you is what you need wherever you are required to provide a copy of your high school diploma.

Finally, you may want to consider to get the help of a relative or friend in Puerto Rico that can assist you with this task, as it would be easier to do it locally.  

Buena suerte.

Saludos desde Puerto Rico,

Nancy Torres Luna
AllExpert - Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Torres


I can answer general questions about travel, transportation, hotels, governmental offices and real estate in Puerto Rico. For specific or complicated issues on real estate, visit my web page Spanish is my native language. I am also fluent in English.


I currently live in Old San Juan and enjoy museums, hotels, social and cultural events, restaurants and sightseing.

BBA University of Puerto Rico, Minor in English

Awards and Honors
Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]