Puerto Rico/Property management

Hello Nancy
My husband and I purchased a vacation beach home in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico that we would like to rent out on a weekly basis.     
What do we need to do to start this process?
Thank you

Hola, Frances.
First of all, don't forget to check the bylaws of the complex where you have your property and get informed about the disposition on short term rentals.  Sometimes the minimum of days/weeks/months required for short term rentals is already stated, in some cases nothing about this is mentioned.
As you are not living in Puerto Rico, my suggestion is that you contact the administration of the complex and ask for references of the real estate agents in the area who work with short term rentals.  These agents usually are very familiar with the rentals in Río Grande and even have contacts in the nearby hotels, which is helpful when there are families that would like to rent a home instead of a hotel room.
Buena suerte.
Saludos desde Puerto Rico,

Nancy Torres Luna
AllExpert - Puerto RWico

Puerto Rico

Nancy Torres

I can answer general questions about travel, transportation, hotels, governmental offices and real estate in Puerto Rico. For specific or complicated issues on real estate, visit my web page Spanish is my native language. I am also fluent in English.

I currently live in Old San Juan and enjoy museums, hotels, social and cultural events, restaurants and sightseing.

BBA University of Puerto Rico, Minor in English

Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico