You are here:

Puerto Rico/Transfer of inheritance...



I am one of three heirs to a property in Puerto Rico.  I am interested in releasing my interest in the property to my two siblings that reside there.  I currently reside in the US.

Is there an equivalent of a quitclaim deed or what is the process I must follow to release my interest (or any potential liability) in this property?

Muchas gracias!

Hola, Chris.
You are not mentioning if at this moment your siblings are working with the inheritance process related to your property in Puerto Rico.  If they are, you just need to talk with the lawyer in charge of the process.  In case that you are still not working with the inheritance process, my suggestion is that you contact a lawyer in Puerto Rico and check if there is some legal document that you can prepare regarding your interest in releasing your share of the property to your siblings.  Really, I think that you should do this as part of the inheritance process, but I don't know if your siblings are already working with it.
Buena suerte.
Saludos desde Puerto Rico,

Nancy Torres Luna
AllExpert - Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Nancy Torres


I can answer general questions about travel, transportation, hotels, governmental offices and real estate in Puerto Rico. For specific or complicated issues on real estate, visit my web page Spanish is my native language. I am also fluent in English.


I currently live in Old San Juan and enjoy museums, hotels, social and cultural events, restaurants and sightseing.

BBA University of Puerto Rico, Minor in English

Awards and Honors
Magna Cum Laude, University of Puerto Rico

©2017 All rights reserved.