Puerto Rico/settlement of estate

Question
My mother just passed away on the 16th,she lived in Puerto Rico but passed away in Florida.  My sisters and I all live in the States; there is no last Will and Testament.  We will be going to Puerto Rico to settle whatever needs to be done there.  However, we are not aware of what would be the first step to assure all is paid properly so we can sell the house afterwards.  There is also a bank account with a minimal amount in the bank.  How do we go about handling that?  The laws in Puerto Rico are so different which leaves us totally confused.  Thank you for your assistance.

Answer
Dear Linda:

My condolences about your mother passing away.  My father passed away a few years ago, hence I understand what you may be going through.  

I am going to ask you to visit my site www.PuertoRicoLegalBlog.com and search the term "declaratoria de herederos" which in turn, will direct you to various videos through which I explain the subject.

Please let me know if after watching the videos you have any questions.

Wishing you the best,

Santiago F. Lampón

Puerto Rico

Santiago F. Lampón