Qbasic, Quickbasic/merging

Question
QUESTION: how can we put the values of two arrays in the third array without merging them

ANSWER: Hi maanasa,

If you are combining two arrays, that is the same as merging them, so I'm not sure what you mean by "without merging them."  Do you mean you want the arrays sorted, or combined in a certain way?

If you can give me more information, I can probably help you figure this out :)

Take care,
-Alex

QUESTION: i want to combine two arrays into one array
suppose take arrays A,B and C.i want to put the values of array A and array B  without sorting them.hope you will be able to answer my question

Answer
Hi again :)

This is how I'd approach it:

DIM first(1 TO 10) AS INTEGER
DIM second(1 TO 30) AS INTGER
REDIM combined(0) AS INTEGER

'' Fill first and second up with a bunch of numbers/values here...(not shown)

'' Get the size of the first and second array, and add them together to get the total number of elements
combined_size% = (UBOUND(first)-LBOUND(first)+1) + (UBOUND(second)-LBOUND(second)+1)
'' Resize the combined array so it can hold all of the values of first and second
REDIM combined(1 TO combined_size%) AS INTEGER

c% = 1 '' Our counter for the combined array index
FOR i% = LBOUND(first) to UBOUND(first)
  combined(c%) = first(i%)
  c% = c% + 1
NEXT i%
FOR i% = LBOUND(second) TO UBOUND(second)
  combined(c%) = second(i%)
  c% = c% + 1
NEXT i%

'' Print out all the values of combined()
FOR i% = LBOUND(combined) TO UBOUND(combined)
  PRINT "combined("; i%; ") = "; combined(i%)
NEXT i%

That should do it for you :)

-Alex

Qbasic, Quickbasic

Alex Barry