Qbasic, Quickbasic/QB64 Status Box

When I programmed in Qbasic I used the bottom of the editor to check the value of variables and things I was programming. For example, I could get the current value of variable "A" so I could troubleshoot. Is there a way to do similar trouble shooting in QB64? Thank you so much!

Hi Gary,

QB64 is a compiled language, so it is not possible to interact with the code in that way.
Also, you may have a better time asking the community forum, as they can give infinitely better support than I can on my own.

I hope that helps, and take care!

Qbasic, Quickbasic

Alex Barry

I have been a qbasic programmer since 2000, creating games, minor libraries and various small programs. I have experience using interrupts, graphics, file input/output, the mouse cursor, and using libraries. I have also learned FreeBASIC, QB64, c/c++, python, lua, php and html.
I do not claim to be an absolute authority in any language, but I don't mind looking things up and learning with you.

I have been programming in *Basic dialects since 2000, as mentioned in my expertise. After a year of QBasic, I learned C and C++, and dabbled a little in ASM (I don't program in ASM - I literally just played around to see how things work). When QB64 and FreeBASIC were released, I played with those languages. At the time, FreeBASIC offered more functionality and I sided with that language for a while. During that time, while I was learning new languages, that I would see what scripting languages are available, where I took up python and lua. I started to notice a staleness to QB64's development (which I kept tabs on from time to time), and am now trying to be active in it's community and maybe in it's development in the future. Currently, I am only active on the QB64.net forums, but I appear on occasion on FreeBASIC.net's forums as well.

Highschool - 2007