Qbasic, Quickbasic/unwanted server

Question
I have an unwanted server i just cant get rid of.  Its called 'eazel.com' and, altho i keep deleting it from my toolbar and replacing it with 'yahoo' which i want every time i come back online 'eazel.com' is back again.
Its not hidden in the toolbar scroll-down and its not in programs.
Ive emailed eazel.com for uninstall details and received no answer.
Can you help?
Thanks.
Colin Curtis

Answer
Hi Colin,

I have no idea how you came across the QBasic (an old programming language) section as a place to ask this sort of question, but I can help you out anyway.

If you're in Windows, and your user account has permissions to use the Control Panel and the ability to Add/Remove Programs, you can try this in-depth guide.

There are many good anti-malware/virus tools that you can use to keep toolbars like this out of your browser.  You could try the free version of Malware-Bytes, which I have used in the past and thought it was a good product.  Windows Defender has gotten quite good over the past few years, and if you don't have it enabled, I recommend it.  If you don't have it, you can get the Microsoft Security Essentials for your computer, which is indeed made by Microsoft, and as long as it is up-to-date, it's a decent piece of software.  I know many people who run Microsoft Security Essentials on its own, and in pair with other software like Malware-Bytes, so that is up to you.

Windows is notorious for toolbars that aren't removed easily.  If you still can't remove it at this point, you may want to try a browser like Google Chrome, Firefox, or what-have-you.  There are many good web browsers out there, with different levels of security for different things.  Internet Explorer has been getting better over the years, but it has problems when it comes to "drive by downloads" (when you go to a website, and it downloads something to your computer in the background without you knowing), and it has some performance issues in comparison to other browsers.

Companies like Eazel don't want you to uninstall their products, so you probably won't get an answer back from them through email.  They hope that customers just put up with their malware, because that's how they make money.

Qbasic, Quickbasic

Alex Barry