Qbasic, Quickbasic/geting data from text file of purchase bill/invoice

Theunis wrote at 2014-12-09 08:33:01
This has all the indications of a RANDOM file

Has the original QBASIC program gone missing?

Are you trying to read the DATA using another Prog.

Are your headings all correct? viz Invoice no.  Invoice Date.  Item code...etc

If the headings are all correct then you can use Wordpad  to open the file - Set View to No Wrap (under options.  You will see what you quoted is actually three records starting with InvoiceNo/InvoiceDate and ending with V20/11/2014.

Try to type the heading above each item or as in the first item it is actually two.

If you know what each item is in respect of and you know its length then you can then set up the TYPE..END TYPE and read it in as a RANDOM OR BINARY file

Qbasic, Quickbasic

Alex Barry