Qigong/Interesting website - Do you think it's legitimate?

Hello Richard, I hope you're doing well.

I asked you a similar question to the one below a few years ago concerning John Chang and his legitimacy, so when I came across another Qi magician, I remembered your advice and I wanted to hear from you again. I hope you can help :)

I found an interesting website recently:

It's by (what seems to be) a Qigong/occult master. What I found surprising is that he gives all of his teachings away for free and has videos of super weird stuff (like telekinesis for example). Of course, it could all be tricks, the sleight of hand and hidden string, but the guy looks very fit, healthy and strong for his age. Maybe there could be some truth to his teachings. All he asks is for a student's dedication to the teachings he gives.

What are your thoughts on this? It doesn't cost any money to download his books available on the website or register as a member, so I hope you can thoroughly research this guy and his teachings, as I'm sure with your experience you can recognise a fraud/timewaster in no time. I'm still not sold on his more spectacular tricks, but I know that seemingly superhuman abilities can be achieved through certain meditations (e.g. Tummo), so I won't be too skeptical.

Thanks for your time,

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for returning to me and allexperts for your question.  I also hope that you are doing well and happy and healthy.  OK, on to your interesting question :-).  

I am intrigued when I see certain words strung together.  Ultimately, I don't realy care what other people do, or say, I am pretty much focused on what I do and being as productive and positive as i can be.  All that being said, I looked at the website and found it "interesting" I guess is a good word.  I did notice that the individual says they are self trained and then indicate that they have somekind of "guides" or such, perhaps from/on some "ethereal" plane of existence, that trains them.  Here is a name to look up that might have similarities here - "James Hydrick".  If you can't find anything let me know and I will send you links.  It is all full of interesting claims that cannot be proven or disproven, although in James Hydrick's case, it was disproven.   
I see the phrase "infernal alchemical dynamics"
Infernal - of or related to hell
alchemical - a medieval chemical science and speculative philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of indefinitely prolonging life.
Dynamics - the forces or properties that stimulate growth, development, or change within a system or process.
Put that altogether and I am not sure exactly what the definition is or what you get, or what the person is try to represent, but it is strange.  I checked it several times and it does read "Infernal", maybe he meant "Internal", but I would think he'd correct that right away because it puts a pretty wild spin on what he is putting himself out there to represent.  However, I do not think it is a typo as if you go to his listed website, the way the page opens, and the art, well, I think it speaks for itself and does tie back into the word "Infernal".  It is just highly strange.  Now, I am giving you my personal opinion, which is what you asked for.  If I were you I'd be more interested in a psychiatrist or psychologists opinion on this "body of information".  You asked for my opinion, and there it is.  
"loneman pai"
Loneman - This can be defined as many things, some people have the surname "Loneman".  It can also mean one who seeks to be alone, a drifter, perfers to work by one's self.  There is also native American Indian mythology that talks about a "lone man" that was the companion of the Creator, some have suggested it influenced Christian narratives but that is a large reach i would completely discount because the Americas and the lands where Judaism and Christianity arose were far removed from one another and the likelihood that either influenced the other is not at all likely.  
so my take on that is, if his last name is Loneman, he is saying "Loneman School", "Loneman System", or "Loneman Sect".  Or he is indicating he is alone in his endeavor of being a school, system or sect and likes to operate alone.  It could be he is identifying himself with the native American mythos that he walked, or walks, with, and is companion with, the Creator.   Well, I guess you can say that, there are people out there who think that they are Napoleon Bonaparte as well.  I am not trying to make fun of or deride this person but it is very difficult to take any of it seriously, it is extremely way out in left field.  
Quote, "I try to stay as anonymous as possible- thus the masks in my videos and photos" - I have often found that people who make great claims, but will not put their face or name to it, are hiding something, of course that is strictly the business of the person who owns this website, but I attach no significance to things of this nature.  I am looking at the website to give you an opinion, but, if I were surfing and came across the site, I'd continue surfing elsewhere because he chooses to hide who he is, and the stuff there is just kind of creepy and leaves me feeling a little creeped out.  As I said, this just indicates to me someone that does not want to put name or face to what they said, do and claim, I routinely dismiss such things because they have always proven to be vacuous.  When faces and names are attached to such things it has proven to be so far out in the stratosphere, and bizarre. it was not even worth debating.  
"I have never ever charged any money, nor asked for donations, of any kind" - there is, however, just a few lines above with a PayPal button asking for donations... ?.   Nothing wrong with charging or asking for donations but, in this case, it seems contradictory, you know.  
"Personal Self-Contained Bricolage System"
Briocolage - by definition online -     (in art or literature) construction or creation from a diverse range of available things.   "the chaotic bricolage of the novel is brought together in a unifying gesture"          something constructed or created from a diverse range of available things.   "bricolages of painted junk"
So, in common terms "bricolage" is a "mash up", "smorgasbord", mixing of just about anything and everything available.  
I remember years ago, in school, in classes on consumerism there was a phrase that, 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".  I think that is a good, cautionary quote and proverb by which to live.  Another Latin term states, "Caveat Emptor", which means, "let the buyer beware".  And if you are not a "buyer" but a "donator", then let the one who donates also beware where their money is going.  I was also taught that when something is free it is generally worth what it cost you, you know?  
Personally, it is very strange, I would not be bothered with it.  Frankly, this is more effort than I would ordinarily put into such a topic, I've only done so at your request.    
Do i think that there are powers that come out of some occultic practices?  Mostly I do not think so, but I do believe that some are legitimate.  The problem is this, generally people who engage in exotic, dark practices usually end up, as time goes by, with these practices taking a negative toll on their mind and body.  If I put my hand through a hole into a dark box, it might be a rope I am picking up and feeling, or it might be a snake, that is often the danger in such practices.  
I viewed some of the "telekinesis" videos, they were very dark and when a video is shot in dark, on dark backgrounds it is generally to hide things.  Is that the case here?  I don't know, it is suspicious though, I'd want to show such things very well lit to quell any suspicions.  But, that is to each viewer to judge and decide on.   During Houdini's time of debunking people, if you read up on it and mediums, they work in dark areas so that they can do more sleight of hand.  There is a book I'd suggest to you that I read in the past called "The Psychic Mafia".  It tells a great deal about the tricks that are played, I'd say it might be good reading for you if you can find a copy.  
People like the mysterious and mystical, it is a great selling tool, especially when you say you are not selling anything, but that you are accepting donations.  And he may well be making a lot off of his "Donations" button.  He might be giving a lot things away, bearing in mind that those things are very strange and creepy, and he might choke down on some of it, but could be persuaded to let some out for a donation, who knows.  I am not interested in even trying to find out as it has a creepy vibe or feel to it.  I am quite happy with the practices I do, they are positive, health, and happy.  I don't need anything else.  
Is my research through?  No, he gives no name.  But I am going off my instinct, the vibe there, and my discernment.  It, for some reason, has a creepy feel.  Plus, as stated before, the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is".  
My advice, whether or not these occultic practices are real, is, work hard, train hard, train clean and positive, keep your life clean and positive, live clean and positive, don't chase after pie in the sky.  You will be happy in the long run.   - and if you can get a copy of "The Psychic Mafia" that will help you a given some of what you have asked me, I think it would be a beneficial book for you.  

Sifu Richard Mieir-King

I will attempt to answer any questions you have on Tai Chi and Chi Kung/Qigong. I do not and will not profess or pretend to have all the answers - it would be egotistical to make such a claim. But where I have answers I will supply them to you, where I don't but have resources I will go to those resources or point you to them and where I have no answer I will also let you know that I have no answer. Some of my answers might also be contrary to what you "want" to hear, but I will give the answer that I have anyway in hopes that it will open needed doors for you.

Since 1971 I have been involved in Kung-Fu, Tai Chi, Chi Kung. Teaching Kung-Fu, Tai Chi and Chi Kung since 1981 Conducting seminars and consults in the corporate wellness field. Working in clinics with patients offering functional restoration and rehabilitation. Teaching Kung Fu and Tai Chi for multiple purposes including health and stress reduction. Instruction in Kung Fu, Tai Chi and Chi Kung in group and private settings. Offering Corporate Wellness Classes, stress reduction, etc., to businesses. Working in medical clinics offering instruction in proper physical structure and movement, breathing techniques to reduce stress and pain, achieve better sleep and improve healing. Instruction via DVD, online classes and more options for remote students.

The American Tai Chi and Chi Kung Association The World Street Combat Systems Organization Latin-American Martial Artists Society

ATTU's American Martial Arts Masters Magazine

Have received instruction and certification from Professor Gilbert Bates who was trained under Ark Wong, Mai Lu Chaing and Dr. Fenia Woo. This instruction began in 1971. Along they way many other instructors and mentors have added to the depth of my knowledge and enhanced my panorama on Tai Chi and Chi Kung.

Congressional Award of Special Recognition State Assembly of California Award of Recognition World Wide Martial Arts Hall of Fame United Martial Artists Association Latin-American Martial Artists Society

* Oasis - Tai Chi, Chi Kung, health and wellness and stress reduction * Aerospace - Tai Chi, Chi Kung, health and wellness and stress reduction * Various organizations and businesses - Tai Chi, Chi Kung, health and wellness and stress reduction, self defense and awareness and personal security * Seminars and workshops at various locations and martial arts and health studios