Quad Roller Skating/Heiser roller skates

Dale wrote at 2011-03-14 02:22:16
I still have my roller skates with Heiser parts and Heide boots that are in mint condition. I am not interested in selling them. I used to work for a roller rink back in the late '60's and they had all sorts of Heiser parts that I bought from them and I still have those parts. But I am not willing to sell them. I have sent them to a friend of mine that is in the business of custom car building and knows a foundry that probably can make new Heiser plates and jump bars but not so certain about the trucks.

For those of you that are unfamiliar with Heiser skates: The design had a front (or toe)plate, a heel plate, a pair of jump bars between the plates and trucks with wheels on each plate. The design of the plates and the trucks were really unique and gave them quad action which was important for roller dancing and tricks. I was a semi-pro roller skater back in the 60's and early 70's. In the mid 80's I used to take my daughter roller skating and I'd start to skate and do my tricks. The floor would clear so to watch me skate. I'd dance on my skates and do my tricks. There's no way that I could skate as well on Chicago skates because of the limitations of their skates. Heiser had the best skate technology and Heide had the best boots.

The patent on Heiser skates ran out decades ago. If my friend is interested in re-manufacturing the Heiser parts - I'll let you know.

Buzz Lightly wrote at 2012-02-02 18:29:29
Heiser skates were the Cadillac of roller skates in their day. I was fortunate enough to procure a pair from a non-skater who had won them in a contest. I replaced the boot with street shoes and used them for many years. I still have them though I'm almost 75 and not skating any more. I went skating with my grandsons a few years ago and lost a wheel on one of them just as we finished. I recovered the wheel but couldn't find the nut.

chad crain wrote at 2012-05-06 17:12:40
I have a nice pair of Heisers, black, size 9. I will have them listed on Craigslist, Spokane/Coeur d'alene, today.

Gene wrote at 2013-07-31 05:18:48
I have a pair of Hisers with Hiser Wheels that are in fair shape. What are you offering?

Quad Roller Skating

Marlene Bruland

Have been an Artistic USARS Roller Figure Skating Coach (Quad) since 1954 in the Northwest Region, coaching figures, freestyle, pairs, dance, creative solo and Precision Team events, and was a former competitive skater and national placewinner. Holds a Gold Medal Proficiency Test in Dance Skating.

Has been teaching for 52 years in the Northwest, coaching many National Winners in Freestyle, Dance, Figures, Creative Solo and Precision Team skating. I hold a Gold Medal Proficiency Test in Dance skating and coached a skater who placed 3 times in 4 World competitions and she also was the Pan Am Champion in Ladies Freestyle. I have coached 5 US National Bronze Medal Precision Teams who participated in 3 World Championships.