Quality Control - TQM, Six Sigma, ISO 9000/Logistics & Supply Chain

Question
The Most common method for evaluating non-economic factors in a facility location study is to use a scoring model. Why ? Would you justify it ?

Answer
Evaluating aspects in a facility location must include all areas.  I do not believe there are any non-economic factors in any facility.  Everything has a cost.  The costs of a business regardless if it is a direct economic factor such as the costs of materials or an indirect costs such as housekeeping has a costs to the bottom line.

The scoring aspect of any model in evaluating factors in any facility can place importance on the various aspects of running a business.  Owners and managers must pay attention to all costs as it affects the profit margin.

Hope this helps

Quality Control - TQM, Six Sigma, ISO 9000

Dennis AuBuchon