Queen/queen acetate

Question
Hi I have a 12" acetate with queen play the game / body language on one side and U2 pride / love comes tumbling on the other side. It has Priority on the label which looks like the company but I can't find any info about a company called priority,there is one company called priority which is linked with EMI but this is all rap music so I guess it has nothing to do with the acetate. I hope you can help.
Thanks
John

Answer
Hi John,

I asked some friends about this who have lots of knowledge about Queen related acetates but unfortunately none of them could give any information on this acetate. Of course we don't know everything there is to know about acetates. But they all thought that the songs on it were suspicious. The Queen songs are from 1980 and 1982, and the U2 songs are from 1984, sometimes the B-side of an acetate has songs by a different artist on it, but the gap of time between the recorded songs is strange.

You said that you found that the Priority label is for rap music and this might be the answer. Maybe this is a selection of songs that were put on an acetate for someone to remix. So it's possible that it's not an in-house product by Queen or U2, but that someone else made this (almost like a mix-tape).

Are the songs on it the same as on the released album (or single) versions?

Maybe not the answer you were hoping for, but I still hope this was of any help!

Cheers!
Niek  

Queen

Niek Lucassen