Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/Its me again, i could not find the follow up button on the last question i asked you.

Question
Its me again, i could not find the follow up button on the last question i asked you. He actually is taking and has been taking for a while a combination of straterra and risperidone but he at times forgets to take it or even refuses to take it because of the side affects it gives him and he has been trying to wean himself off of it but he hasnt been able to last for more than 2 days. I have told him that if he doesnt take his medicine then he really does need to behave. He has a psychologist and i think a therapist but he rarely gets the chance to see them because they are back in Birmingham. He has been trying to stay off of his medicine because he says it makes him drowsy and lethargic and it stunts his growth sexually and he has a lot of male confidence problems relating to that and and other factors as well. And even when he does take his medication it seems not to do much with his anger problems. It only keeps him more focused, a little quieter and it keeps him from talking peoples ears off. He seems like he needs help with handling stress as well.

Answer
Hi Again,

Yes some of the medications an have adverse effects.  He should take those concerns to his psychiatrist.  Talk therapy can help him understand what is going on and to take steps to control it.  There are also cognitive coaching (brain training) techniques that can help.

Good luck,

Tom Blair
Relationship Coach

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

Tom Blair