Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/Emotional Bonding.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Tom

What could be the reasons my wife couldn't answer when i asked her this question mentioned below ?

Question : Whom do you love the most among the four people ?

a. Your Father b. Your Husband c. Your Brother d. Your Son.

She is playing four roles viz Daughter, Wife, Sister and Mother.

Is this a complex question ?. She is not able to answer me in
spite i have asked her several times.

What could be the reason/s ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Hi Prashant,

Why would you ask a question like that?  Which is probably the question your wife is asking.   That is not a question that will get you the answer you are seeking.  To many variables, too many factors.  If it were a question between you and her son,  you, likely, would come in second.  She may have very strong links to he father too.  But those links are not the same as for you.  There are many kinds of love.  I know a woman who would probably put her pet dog before you.  Now to the real question.  Why do you feel the need to ask?  Are you feeling left out?  Are you a new father?  What is going on in your life that is making you feel less loved?

Good luck,

QUESTION: Dear Tom

Thank you.

As you answered me i will see to it that i will never ask this question to my wife again.

But still the curiosity remains from my side, do you feel the probable reason could be, if she takes one name out of the four, the other three might feel hurt ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi again,

It is apples and oranges.  Her love for her child is different from her love for you or her father.  In her mind it is a foolish question, signifying your insecurity.  There is no reason , in her mind, to even consider the question.

Why do you need to know this any way?

Have a great day.

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

Tom Blair