Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/sexual performance

It seems that sometimes during foreplay, i sometimes fall asleep, then thats when my sex drive goes into overdrive. My husband says that the sex is totally opposite compared to when i am awake. He says im way more into it. I apparently want to do things i usually don't do and things i only do for a few minutes, i do for hour(s), i make a lot more noise and i seem to take charge of it all. We bought this vibrator not long ago and i don't really care for it due to its a little on the BIG side. But the slumbering sex side of me can't seem to get enough of it. Now my husband has no complaints, in fact, he prefers it that way, yet at the same time it bothers me because i'm like a whole different person.  How can this be ?

This sounds an unusual and interesting 'problem' which I have not encountered before. My sense is that when you are asleep you are in an altered mental state compared to when you are awake. It could be that this altered state is making your less inhibited and acting more from your subconscious. It might be worth asking a psychologist about this one but I am sure it's probably something along those lines. It sounds similar to  what many people report they experience during sex after taking a drug or other mind-altering substance.
We all become different people when we are very relaxed so it is not something to worry about.
All the best to you,

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

Liam Naden

I specialise in helping couples save their marriage and rebuild it after major hurts such as an affair. Creating intimacy, removing hurt, dealing with sexual and communication problems. I have two relationship-saver programs and a free podcast which are available from my website and a free report, "The Five Keys to Saving Your Marriage Now" at

Relationship coach with own relationship coaching business. Author of several books on marriage and intimacy. I offer two relationship saving programs: "Stop Your Divorce" and "Save Your Marriage" which have helped many couples save their marriage and rebuild their love and intimacy.

Publications Amazon Kindle: Author of the ""Growing in Love for Life" series of ebooks for saving and strengthening marriage.

Master of Arts (First Class Honors)