Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/keeping maiden address, name

Question
Dear sir,
I have following queries:
1. I want to continue with my maiden name and surname post marriage.
2. Due to sudden demise of my father and me being the only child to my parents, I am staying with my mother to take care of her and will continue to stay here in future. i would like to know if i can continue the same address as my mother's?
3.My name was removed from my father's ration card and my in-laws have not put in theirs even after 1 and half yrs of it. can i put it back in my father's ration card as i m staying with my mother.
4.do i need to get an affidavit done for using my maiden address and keeping the maiden name.

I request you to kindly help me asap with the same.

Answer
Hi

You can read this article, it's permissible in Maharashtra. It's best to go and meet a notary public in your city and get an idea :

https://kractivist.wordpress.com/2012/02/26/married-women-in-maharashtra-can-keep-maiden-name-need-not-take-husbands-surname/

Vani

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

Vani