Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/keeping maiden address, name


Dear sir,
I have following queries:
1. I want to continue with my maiden name and surname post marriage.
2. Due to sudden demise of my father and me being the only child to my parents, I am staying with my mother to take care of her and will continue to stay here in future. i would like to know if i can continue the same address as my mother's?
3.My name was removed from my father's ration card and my in-laws have not put in theirs even after 1 and half yrs of it. can i put it back in my father's ration card as i m staying with my mother. i need to get an affidavit done for using my maiden address and keeping the maiden name.

I request you to kindly help me asap with the same.


You can read this article, it's permissible in Maharashtra. It's best to go and meet a notary public in your city and get an idea :



Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts




Marriages are made in heaven! But in love marriages when the two partners belong to different nations, castes, races, social strata, backgrounds, the amount of understanding required is more. I can tackle queries related to love marriages of these kinds. Sorry, I cannot help out on gay and lesbian relationships and am neither a sex therapist nor an astrologer.


20 years of a blissful married life.

Masters in Business Administration

©2017 All rights reserved.