Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/How can I communicate with her?

Question
.I got married when I was 19 because my girlfriend got pregnant and my inlaws didn't want the baby to be born out of wedlock. Since then there have been good times and bad times. But for the last 3 months it's been mostly bad. We both work and on top of that I also go to college. So when I'm home I'm either resting or helping out with our 3 year old girl, which is no easy task. We're both busy and haven't been intimate in over a month. we constantly argue and at times it seems like she doesn't even want me around or resents me for some reason. And while I do love her I refuse to be her doormat. So my question is how can I get her to talk about what's bothering her? She never says what's on her mind and it's starting to really annoy me. We can't afford counseling, so what am I to do?

Answer
Hi James, it sounds like your marriage has a lot of stress and pressure and that's the first thing to address if you want communication and intimacy. See if you can find a way to spend a bit of fun time together. Find someone to look after your child, even if just for a few hours. If you can make this a regular thing- maybe once a week - then you should see a shift in your wife's attitude.
Hope this helps and all the best
Liam

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

Liam Naden