Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/former partner question

Question
I asked my husband if he still had feelings for his old girlfriend. He replied that he would always love her but in a caring way. Do you think this is normal or okay? It hurts me that he still cares about another woman. Thanks.

Answer
Hi Jennifer,
I think this is ok. The real issue is to analyse why it hurts you and why you feel you needed to ask him in the first place. Ask yourself, "What am I afraid of by thinking he still cares about another woman?"
Remember, he has married YOU. You may well have put him in a bit of a corner by asking him the question. Don't worry about the past. Just focus on creating the best relationship you can with your husband - filled with fun and joy - and any fears you have will fade.

All the best
Liam  

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

Liam Naden