Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/Old girlfriend

Hi i'm not sure if i have asked you this question but I would like to hear from you. I asked my husband if he still had feelings for his old girlfriend. He replied that he would always love her but in a caring way. Do you think this is normal or okay? It hurts me that he still cares about another woman. Thanks.

Hi Jennifer-

That doesn't mean he loves her or still has feelings for her, rather that he cares for her in a way, that only you may understand if you've been in a relationship in the past. I can understand what he means by this and if you ever had a first love or a love that you could never forget, he's not meaning this in a bad, or hurtful way when he says that. Obviously he chose you to marry and spend his life with you and not this other woman. I think you're reading way too much into this and could be overreacting a tad bit. Instead be glad that he felt comfortable enough to tell you and to be honest with you, even though it may bug the hell out of you. Just so you know I'm not dismissing your feelings at all and they are still very valid. Not to mention totally normal for you to feel this way. Afterall you are only human and we have certain feelings that need to be validated.

Since this bothers you so much. I'd urge you to talk to him about this. Tell him what you're thinking and feeling, and try to see things from his point of view too. It's always good to keep the lines of communication open, and to regularly talk about what's on your minds. I hope this helps you some.

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

I can answer most any questions regarding a husband/wife relationship. Whatever the question may be. I would like to help you find an answer to it. If you want an honest and unbiased opinion on things then ask away. I am a divorced mother of 4 children, I have been a single mother, and I'm currently remarried and have a 4th daughter with my husband. I know what it is like to have a spouse cheat on you, to be taken advantage of, to feel like everything is hopeless (being depressed), emotions (the up`s and down`s). I will try to answer anything you have on your mind about husband-wife relationships, divorce, adultery, etc. Please don`t hesitate to ask.

I've been answering questions and helping my clients for the last 10 years. I have many satisfied and return clients. I have helped people from all over the world and from many different walks of life, cultures, etc.

I have/had many repeats clients though the years I've been a volunteer here.