Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship/Self Centred Wife

I have been married for 33 years and for most of that time I have had to put up with my wife being (as I see it) self centred.
She has a daily routine of spending at least 2 hours showering and using various creams on her face, she starts this at around 10am which means that we never get out of the house to visit anywhere until after lunch, and I like to have a full day out, if I go anywhere on my own I get treated like a stranger for a week or two. I know that it is a subject for TV comedy but she is always late when we do go anywhere because she never knows what to wear! and when she does decide she has to ask me if she looks ok in what she is wearing which upsets me.
Writing this it seems almost trivial but it is a constant source of irritation for me, can you please help?

Hi Alfred-

Some women are very self-conscience of what they wear, how they look, etc. Some women are very particular, to the point of almost being ridiculous. This is most likely going to be a very sensitive subject with her, so when/if you talk to her about this, try to be sensitive to her needs, within reason of course.

Try to sit down with her and have a heart to heart talk with her. She needs to know how this is affecting you and what you're willing and unwilling to put up with in, this marriage. Just as you're trying to be sensitive to her needs, she needs to do the same for you and respect that to you have things you'd like to do too. Life isn't always about ourselves, it's also about making sacrifices for our spouses and loved one too.

Talk to her about this and do it in a loving and concerned matter. Otherwise, she will take it as a personal attack on her. And she'll clam up and refuse to discuss this matter with you. Hopefully she'll be willing to listen to you and hear you out and you can both work on some sort of compromise that works for both of you.

You have a really good and valid point here. Maybe if you told her you think she's beautiful no matter how much time she takes or what she wears, that you love her regardless. I hope this helps you some.

Marriage and the Husband-Wife Relationship

I can answer most any questions regarding a husband/wife relationship. Whatever the question may be. I would like to help you find an answer to it. If you want an honest and unbiased opinion on things then ask away. I am a divorced mother of 4 children, I have been a single mother, and I'm currently remarried and have a 4th daughter with my husband. I know what it is like to have a spouse cheat on you, to be taken advantage of, to feel like everything is hopeless (being depressed), emotions (the up`s and down`s). I will try to answer anything you have on your mind about husband-wife relationships, divorce, adultery, etc. Please don`t hesitate to ask.

I've been answering questions and helping my clients for the last 10 years. I have many satisfied and return clients. I have helped people from all over the world and from many different walks of life, cultures, etc.

I have/had many repeats clients though the years I've been a volunteer here.