Questions about Movies/christmas movies

Hello.          I am searching for a Christmas movie that my husband remembered watching in the 1970s. It was called  "The Little Matchgirl". I am thinking that it may have been the 1974 version.          My dilemma now is trying to find a copy of it. I have searched the internet and have found many others looking for the same one. I have followed every link that has been given to everyone else who is looking for it, but no luck. I do not want an animated or musical version of it. I would prefer the one that he remembers watching.          Can you help? Or at least, get me looking in the right direction for it?          Thank you!          Rebecca

I do not think the one you are looking for is available on DVD but I believe you can find it, or at least segments from it, on YouTube, like this one:  I also recommend trying your public library as they have access to materials you can't find anywhere else.  Good luck!  

Questions about Movies

Nell Minow

Movies, especially classic movies, current movies, family movies, and movies for families.

I am the movie critic for Beliefnet and radio stations across the country. I have written about movies for USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun Times, Parents, Family Fun, Child, Slate, and Daughters. I am the weekly movie critic for radio stations across the US and in Canada and write weekly parental advisories for the Chicago Sun-Times and the Kansas City Star. I have appeared on Fox Morning News, the ABC Evening News, CBS This Morning, and NPR, and been profiled in the NY Times, Washingtonian, Chicago Magazine, and the Chicago Tribune. My book, The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, was published by Avon in April 1999 and is now in its second edition. I can answer questions about movies for special interests, especially family concerns, handling questions from kids like "What do I do when he says everyone else has seen it?" to "My daughter got nightmares from a movie --how can I help her?" or "Why does my child want to see the DVD over and over?" to "What's the deal with Pokemon?" I am pretty good with trivia questions about movies, too, not as good with made-for-TV movies or miniseries. And I don't know much about horror/slasher films, sorry.

Broadcast, Online, and Washington DC film critics associations

The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today, The Practical Guide to Practically Everything

film critic for high school and college papers before becoming a professional movie critic

Roger Ebert's "Thumbs Up" award, presenter at Ebertfest and the Tallgrass Film Festival, member of the Online, DC, Broadcast and women's film critic/writer associations.