Questions about Movies/Old Movie

Years ago, my guess 40 year or more,, I saw a movie that I thought had Robert Cummings as the star.  I looked over his bio and could not find.  The plot centered around the star as a song writer who was having a hard time writing new songs so he rents a house in the country by a convent.  He finds himself helping out the nuns from the local convent by lending them his jeep.  Anyway, eventually he hears a song from the convent in his sleep and writes a new song he thinks is his.

I thought it was a good movie but never have been able to locate it again.  I know it's sketchy but if you can help, it would solve a search that has taken me many years to solve.

That's the lovely Come to the Stable with Loretta Young and Celeste Holm, based on a story by Claire Boothe Luce.  The composer is Hugh Marlowe.  Thanks for writing and enjoy!

Questions about Movies

Nell Minow

Movies, especially classic movies, current movies, family movies, and movies for families.

I am the movie critic for Beliefnet and radio stations across the country. I have written about movies for USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun Times, Parents, Family Fun, Child, Slate, and Daughters. I am the weekly movie critic for radio stations across the US and in Canada and write weekly parental advisories for the Chicago Sun-Times and the Kansas City Star. I have appeared on Fox Morning News, the ABC Evening News, CBS This Morning, and NPR, and been profiled in the NY Times, Washingtonian, Chicago Magazine, and the Chicago Tribune. My book, The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, was published by Avon in April 1999 and is now in its second edition. I can answer questions about movies for special interests, especially family concerns, handling questions from kids like "What do I do when he says everyone else has seen it?" to "My daughter got nightmares from a movie --how can I help her?" or "Why does my child want to see the DVD over and over?" to "What's the deal with Pokemon?" I am pretty good with trivia questions about movies, too, not as good with made-for-TV movies or miniseries. And I don't know much about horror/slasher films, sorry.

Broadcast, Online, and Washington DC film critics associations

The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today, The Practical Guide to Practically Everything

film critic for high school and college papers before becoming a professional movie critic

Roger Ebert's "Thumbs Up" award, presenter at Ebertfest and the Tallgrass Film Festival, member of the Online, DC, Broadcast and women's film critic/writer associations.