Questions about Movies/Back to the future

QUESTION: Doc brown totally goes against what he's saying in all three movies he says how this time machine has cause him nothing but trouble and how he's gonna destroy and yea I guess he destroys but then he makes like a train time machine so he basically goes against what he's been saying in all 3 movies

ANSWER: I believe the contrast between his statements and his actions is intended to heighten the comic effect!

Thanks for writing.  

QUESTION: Also, why does doc brown constantly tell Marty that they don't have much time if he has a time machine he can make it that they have a lot of time

Doc Brown does not have have a time stopping machine.   He has a fuel intensive experimental time travel machine that cannot be used to make multiple or fine tuned adjustments.  Also, his perpetual sense of urgency tells us about his character and adds to the excitement.  

Questions about Movies

Nell Minow

Movies, especially classic movies, current movies, family movies, and movies for families.

I am the movie critic for Beliefnet and radio stations across the country. I have written about movies for USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun Times, Parents, Family Fun, Child, Slate, and Daughters. I am the weekly movie critic for radio stations across the US and in Canada and write weekly parental advisories for the Chicago Sun-Times and the Kansas City Star. I have appeared on Fox Morning News, the ABC Evening News, CBS This Morning, and NPR, and been profiled in the NY Times, Washingtonian, Chicago Magazine, and the Chicago Tribune. My book, The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, was published by Avon in April 1999 and is now in its second edition. I can answer questions about movies for special interests, especially family concerns, handling questions from kids like "What do I do when he says everyone else has seen it?" to "My daughter got nightmares from a movie --how can I help her?" or "Why does my child want to see the DVD over and over?" to "What's the deal with Pokemon?" I am pretty good with trivia questions about movies, too, not as good with made-for-TV movies or miniseries. And I don't know much about horror/slasher films, sorry.

Broadcast, Online, and Washington DC film critics associations

The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today, The Practical Guide to Practically Everything

film critic for high school and college papers before becoming a professional movie critic

Roger Ebert's "Thumbs Up" award, presenter at Ebertfest and the Tallgrass Film Festival, member of the Online, DC, Broadcast and women's film critic/writer associations.