Questions about Movies/movies recommendations

Could anyone recommend a movie to me where the hero/ heroine was a villain then turn good ?

Many movies are about people who learn to be better -- more generous, more human, more caring.  But I am not sure if they qualify as villains.  Of course, one of the most famous of movie villains, Darth Vader, becomes good in "Return of the Jedi."  In this year's "Maleficent," Angelina Jolie plays a character who is good, then bad, then good again.  Just about every Shirley Temple movie had her softening the heart of some crusty old person.  In "Pollyanna," the young girl played by Hayley Mills transforms an entire town of unhappy and sometimes mean people.  In "The Sound of Music," the novice turned nanny gets the super-strict Captain to become warm and affectionate.  Those examples should get you started!

Questions about Movies

Nell Minow

Movies, especially classic movies, current movies, family movies, and movies for families.

I am the movie critic for Beliefnet and radio stations across the country. I have written about movies for USA Today, the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun Times, Parents, Family Fun, Child, Slate, and Daughters. I am the weekly movie critic for radio stations across the US and in Canada and write weekly parental advisories for the Chicago Sun-Times and the Kansas City Star. I have appeared on Fox Morning News, the ABC Evening News, CBS This Morning, and NPR, and been profiled in the NY Times, Washingtonian, Chicago Magazine, and the Chicago Tribune. My book, The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, was published by Avon in April 1999 and is now in its second edition. I can answer questions about movies for special interests, especially family concerns, handling questions from kids like "What do I do when he says everyone else has seen it?" to "My daughter got nightmares from a movie --how can I help her?" or "Why does my child want to see the DVD over and over?" to "What's the deal with Pokemon?" I am pretty good with trivia questions about movies, too, not as good with made-for-TV movies or miniseries. And I don't know much about horror/slasher films, sorry.

Broadcast, Online, and Washington DC film critics associations

The Movie Mom's Guide to Family Movies, Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times, USA Today, The Practical Guide to Practically Everything

film critic for high school and college papers before becoming a professional movie critic

Roger Ebert's "Thumbs Up" award, presenter at Ebertfest and the Tallgrass Film Festival, member of the Online, DC, Broadcast and women's film critic/writer associations.