Questions about Movies/50's western

Question
In the mid 50's, I saw a feature film that, I believe, ended with a semi slow motion scene shot under water in a river. In the scene, the leading cowboy/man stabbed the Indian anti-hero in the stomach with the indian's knife. What was the film?

Answer
Drum Beat #1
Drum Beat #1  

Drum Beat #2
Drum Beat #2  
Hello Tim,

Although many western films contained scenes like the one you mention, the 1954 film "Drum Beat" was the first to come to mind. Based loosely around the true story of the Modoc War of 1872-73, it starred Alan Ladd as the hero, Johnny McKay, and Charles Bronson as the warlike Modoc warrior Kintpuash, also known as Captain Jack. In the film's exciting climax, MacKay tracks down Jack and battles him in fierce hand-to-hand combat into the sweeping current of a river.

Questions about Movies

Mel Priddle