Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Quickbooks Pro 2002 and Windows 8

Hi Bernie -  I operate my small business with QB 2002, and have just purchased a new computer with Windows 8.  My tech guy says he is unable to transfer QB files and I'll need to get another version of QB to run on Windows 8.  so question is:  which version of QB do I need to purchase?  I only use QB for invoices, customer info, I don't do payroll.  Very simple.  I don't want to pay top dollar for version QB 2013 if I don't need to.  Which version of QB is simple like 2002, and that Windows 8 can run.
thanks so much for your help.

Hi Halla,

I am not actually a QuickBooks expert, but I use QB. As you dont use QB extensively, I would recommend QuickBooks Online for about $13/month.  You can transfer all of your existing data and you dont ever have to worry about versions of Windows again.

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Bernie Akporiaye

Questions relating to budgeting and planning software and other Enterprise Performance Management questions in general.

I have over 15 years experience in the Enterprise Performance Management industry with a multitude of implementations across a diverse range of business sectors as well as in a variety of countries.

Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Certified Balance Scorecard Professional

BeyeNetwork, Information Management Magazine

BSc, MSc, Chartered Management Account

Natwest Bank, United Rentals, Ecobank, WPP, US Department of State, Schroeders Bank, British American Tobacco, South African Brewery etc.