Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Deleting an account

QUESTION: I am trying to delete an account in the property and debt section.  I have removed all visible transactions and in fact had not even entered any transactions against this account, yet when I try to delete it I get the message that the account cannot be deleted until all of the transactions associated with the account are delete.  There are none, yet I keep getting this message.  Ugh!  Is there a way to see what Quicken has assigned as a transaction to the account?  I can hide the account, but I'd really like to just get it deleted.  Thanks~

Can you tell me if you are using Quicken or QuickBooks
For Quicken -
What type of account are you trying to delete
a Bank account, a checking, savings, credit card
cash, investing, asset, debt or loan or are you trying to
delete a category?
For QuickBooks
Is it a bank, inventory, accounts receivable , accounts payable
liability, income, Cogs or expense

Linda Saltz, CPA

QUESTION: I am using Quicken.  The account was set up in the property/debt section as a liability account.  Thank you for your quick response!  I will look forward to your help to get this strange account deleted :o)

When you set up the loan account, if you did not enter a beginning loan
balance, Quicken might have added a balance of zero
Open that register and see if you see a line item with an opening balance with
zero dollars  in it.

If so delete that line then try to remove the account

Linda Saltz, CPA
Advanced Certified QuickBooks Advisor

We sell and support QuickBooks Enterprise

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Linda Saltz, CPA, QBalance.com

QuickBooks best practices, troubleshooting, accounting, tax We have over 70 pages of website content about QuickBooks tips, running a business, tax and business startup at http://www.qbalance.com

Accountant and CPA over 20 years. Specializing in accounting software for over 12 years, Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor, QuickBooks seminar instructor since 1997.
Producer of www.QBalance.com over 100 pages devoted to QuickBooks help and support and training for small business owners in tax and accounting issues.