Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software/Homeowner's Association

I recently became the treasurer for the townhouse association I moved into.  I am wondering what software is out there that can help me keep track of things, as this is all new to me.  We are a very small HOA, with only four units, so I am not looking to (or able to) spend a significant amount of money.  Would any version of QuickBooks be a good fit for us?

Hi Trevor,
QuickBooks used to offer a version for free called SimpleStart. They have changed that to a on line trial offer of 30 days and then it's $13 per month. I'm not comfortable suggesting this as the overall outlay per year would be $156 and the Pro version of Quickbooks is only $174. I wish I had a better suggestion for you, but in these times with money being tight, I don't feel that you would benefit from the QuickBooks program.  I am unfamiliar with Quicken, it's cost or any other aspect, but it might work for you.
Karin H

Quicken & Other Budget/Accounting Software

Karin Hostetler

I am a certifed member of QuickBooks® Professional Advisor group and can answer questions on Quickbooks® Basic and Pro, all versions through 2011. I do onsite, telephone and online consulting through my website at: http://www.karinhconsulting.com Have a complicated issue that you can't put into one question? Consider a one time FREE 60 minute phone consultation. (724) 557-4652

I have worked with Quickbooks® since version 1, and have had a tip published on the Intuit website. I work exclusively with small business owners in setting up Quickbooks®, giving on-going support to tweak the reports, resolving data issues and correcting problems. I offer monthly, quarterly and yearly tune-ups to prepare the clients data for presentation to their CPA at year end.

Intuit Pro-connection

I have a degree in Administration and Management with 20 years of hands on business experience in many fields